- Tikkanen, T. & Nissinen, K. (2018). Participation in job-related lifelong learning among low-educated adults in the Nordic countries. International Journal of Lifelong Education. Submitted for review.
- Billington, M G., Vedøy, G., & Jonvik, M. Perspectives, practices and perceptions of diversity management in the Norwegian context. Nordic Journal of Working Life Studies. Submitted for review.
- Tikkanen, T. (2017). Problem-solving skills, skills needs and participation in lifelong learning in technology-intensive work in the Nordic countries. Journal of Contemporary Educational Studies – Sodobna Pedagogika. ISSN 0038-0474. Volum 68 (134). Hefte 4. s. 110-128.
- Billington, M. G. & Gabrielsen, E. (2017). When investment in basic skills gives negative returns, Adult Education Quarterly. First Published March 9, 2017. DOI: 10.1177/0741713617692413.
- Billington, M. G. & Gabrielsen, E. (2017). The older the better? Are younger Norwegian adults losing ground on basic numeracy skills? Nordic Studies in Mathematics Education, 22 (1), 45–64.
- Tikkanen, T. & Nissinen, K. (2016). Participation in job-related lifelong learning among well-educated employees in the Nordic countries. International Journal of Lifelong Education. Published online 28 Mar 2016 (Online). DOI:10.1080/02601370.2016.1165749.
- Stephen, B. (2015). Work, discretion and learning: processes of life learning and development at work. International Journal of Training Research, vol. 13(3), 214–230. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14480220.2015.1093308. (An article related to SkillsREAL)