- (2018) Work-related training and workplace learning: Nordic perspectives and European comparisons, International Journal of Lifelong Education, Published online: 11 Dec 2018 – IJLE-link here.
- Tarja Tikkanen & Kari Nissinen (2018) Drivers of job-related learning among low-educated employees in the Nordic countries, International Journal of Lifelong Education, Published online: 11 Dec 2018 – DOI: 10.1080/02601370.2018.1554720 – IJLE link.
- Egil Gabrielsen & John Sabatini (2018) A Closer Look at Low-Performing Adult Readers in the Scandinavian Countries, Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research, Published online: 13 Nov 2018 – DOI: 10.1080/00313831.2018.1539033 – Link here.
- Dorothy Sutherland Olsen & Tarja Tikkanen (2018) The developing field of workplace learning and the contribution of PIAAC, International Journal of Lifelong Education, DOI: 10.1080/02601370.2018.1497720 – IJLE link.
- Billington, M G., Vedøy, G., & Jonvik, M. Perspectives, practices and perceptions of diversity management in the Norwegian context. Nordic Journal of Working Life Studies. Submitted for review.
- Tikkanen, T. (2017). Problem-solving skills, skills needs and participation in lifelong learning in technology-intensive work in the Nordic countries. Journal of Contemporary Educational Studies – Sodobna Pedagogika. ISSN 0038-0474. Volum 68 (134). Hefte 4. s. 110-128.
- Billington, M. G. & Gabrielsen, E. (2017). When investment in basic skills gives negative returns, Adult Education Quarterly. First Published March 9, 2017. DOI: 10.1177/0741713617692413.
- Billington, M. G. & Gabrielsen, E. (2017). The older the better? Are younger Norwegian adults losing ground on basic numeracy skills? Nordic Studies in Mathematics Education, 22 (1), 45–64.
- Tikkanen, T. & Nissinen, K. (2016). Participation in job-related lifelong learning among well-educated employees in the Nordic countries. International Journal of Lifelong Education. Published online 28 Mar 2016 (Online). DOI:10.1080/02601370.2016.1165749.
- Stephen, B. (2015). Work, discretion and learning: processes of life learning and development at work. International Journal of Training Research, vol. 13(3), 214–230. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14480220.2015.1093308. (An article related to SkillsREAL)